Monday, August 11, 2008

I've decided to put my poems from my other blog (a non-starter) on this blog, so they'll all be in the same place. Here they are.

Psychopomp

I
am
happy
to
hear
your
equinox
voice
again,
dear catbird.

Sing
your
message,
curt
or
kind –
shock
of
brazen
sunlight
or
miles
of
numinous
night –
and
my
voice
will
rise
to
greet
it.
Come.

May Terry


Interdependence

How can the spindly sycamore
photosynthesize enough
for that 14 foot trunk
and the tower of branch
and smaller branch,
and smaller still, new and
struggling to reach out,
with that sparse lace of leafy
canopy?

I guess we have to count on
Nature to mother it,
as she does the lilies of the field,
and the small determined sparrow.

I, too, count on her,
but I know that she, also,
must count on me.
Take care.

May Terry


It's always interesting to reread my poems after not seeing them for a while. I'd rate the first one okay, I guess, but I think the second one sucks, with the possible exception of the second stanza.

I reread this one recently, and I've decided it's almost sort of good. So there you have it.

No comments: