Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Question: if you have three cars, how many can break down at one time?

Don't tell me that. So far it's only two.



I took these two photos in August, before the leaves started turning. The photo on top is of the East Haddam Bridge over the Connecticut River. The bottom picture is of the Goodspeed Opera House and the Gelston House Restaurant, which are just to the right of the visible end of the bridge in the top photo. I walked across the East Haddam Bridge many times during youth and adult Camp Bethel campmeeting weeks in the summers of my childhood. Sometimes the man who opened the bridge for boats too tall to go under it would give us a ride on the opening bridge. At night, huge spiders would come out. I preferred walking across during the daytime.

Pat J., I bet this brings back a few memories...

May

4 comments:

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Hi, May! Nice photos! I just wanted to let you know I am here and I'm changing the link from my blog to this one. Still thinking of you and your daughter.

May Terry said...

Thanks, Bettina! My daughter just came home. I feel like I need to write about it, but blogs are so--public, you know? I have to figure out how to say what I need to say, appropriately.

It's nice to know you're thinking of us.

May

Anonymous said...

Hi May,
This is Eddie/rverspirit recently absent of my art profile.
I want to thank you for taking the time to comment at my photoblog.
I wish you strength with your difficulty...
Good luck with your new blog. Live well....


"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space."
Hamlet 'William Shakesphere'

regards
e

May Terry said...

Thanks, Eddie. Hey, folks, check out Eddie's stuff--it's wonderful!